Published in 2021, the 2nd edition of the Thunder Bay Nature Guide provides a handy reference to a range of natural areas near Thunder Bay. The first edition was published in 2008. The 2nd edition is a collaborative effort by members of the Thunder Bay Field Naturalists, with support from the Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources, Lakehead Region Conservation Area Authority, Ontario Parks, the Lakehead School Board and others.
The guide is an introduction to more than 20 sites, from Ruby Lake Provincial Park west to Silver Falls and south to Pigeon River. Detailed maps and directions are provided for each site, and key features of the geology, flora and fauna are discussed. The guide is filled with fabulous photographs of the natural features, many provided by TBFN members. It is essential reading for anyone interested in learning about the natural history in this neck of the woods.
Note: For orders more than two copies, or for shipping outside of Canada, please email email@example.com. (Shipping rates for Canadian orders are $6 for one copy and $13 for two copies.)
Note: For local pick up orders, you can order more than 2 books. Please confirm on the order notes and on the delivery method when checking out.
In addition, the guide is available at the following retail outlets ad organizations:
- EcoSuperior – office is open for curbside pick up during limited hours
- Lakehead Region Conservation Authority – office closed
- Authentique Gift Shop – store is closed – curbside pickup available
- Wilderness Supply – store is closed, online store is open – curbside pickup available
- Fresh Air Experience – store is open with limited capacity – curbside pickup available
- Chaltrek – curbside pick up
- Gear Up For Outdoors – store is closed – local customers can call for pickup arrangements
- KBM Outdoors – online store is open
- Take a Hike + Take 2 Boutique – virtual shopping and curbside pickup available
- Crystal Beach Variety – Store is open 8am to 8pm – call (807) 983-2752